HOST A 3RD PARTY EVENT
A unique way to show your support of the work of the Foundation and SJCG is to host an event and donate the proceeds.
Your event can raise money to make a general donation, or be directed to one of our wish list items.
Download our Tool Kit to HELP plan your event
What is a Third Party Fundraising Activity or Event?
Third party activities and events are fundraisers that in whole or in part benefit St. Joseph's Foundation / St. Joseph's Care Group, and which are organized and executed by an individual or organization external to the charity.
St. Joseph's Foundation can:
- Provide event planning advice
- Provide a liaison representative from the Foundation
- Provide Foundation informational material for the event
- Post an event listing on Foundation website and SJCG’s iNsider News
- Allow use of Foundation name and logo
- Provide a letter of support that validates the authenticity of the event
St. Joseph's Foundation cannot:
- Provide funding or reimbursement for event expenses
- Obtain liquor licenses on behalf of the organizing group
- Provide access to Foundation donors list
- Guarantee promotion or advertising of your event.
- Provide access to celebrities or VIPs
- Supply prizes, auction items, awards, etc.
- Organizers must complete and submit the Third Party Fundraising Application to St. Joseph's Foundation no less than 6 weeks prior to the date of the proposed fundraising activity. Approval must be received before advertising is permitted.
- Applications are valid for one event only. Annual event and activity organizers will need to discuss details with St. Joseph's Foundation.
- St. Joseph's Foundation must be notified of other activity/event beneficiaries as well as activity/event sponsors
- St. Joseph's Foundaiton reserves the right to deny any application for a fundraising activity that is not in line with St. Joseph's Foundation and St. Josephs Care Group's mission and/or goals, or which does not project a positive image of either organization.
All event hosts will receive a tool kit with guidelines and conditions for hosting. To learn more about hosting an event, please contact Rachel Kehoe at (807) 768-4404 or kehoer(at)tbh(dot)net.
3rd Party Event Ideas
You or a team can host a silent or live auction! Work with an auctioneer who will donate his/her time and hold a live auction. Some ideas for auction themes would be collectibles, sports, and hobbies!
Host a bake sale at work or out in the community (ie: church, bank, library, etc.)
Host a BBQ. Sell food tickets, drinks, and have some quick activities for people to stop by and enjoy some lovely Summer weather and delicious food
Spring and Summer time make great car washing time! Try saying “Donation Accepted” instead of charging a set price!
Donate Your Day:
Instead of collecting gifts at your next birthday or special event, have everyone donate money towards SJF instead!
Reach out to your friends and neighbors and collect all of their unwanted items! You can then sell them and raise money for St. Joseph’s Foundation.
Set up money jars or coin boxes at your place of work. This is great for banks, diners, hairdressers, and stores! Check back to empty jars frequently.
Set up a wishing well at your local school, business, church, or store with a sign explaining that all proceeds go towards St. Joseph’s Foundation!